Cool Coding Awareness Week
Eleven Fifty Academy, in response to the growing technology skills gap in Indiana, has partnered with TechPoint Foundation for Youth to educate schools and communities throughout the state about computer programming. Bringing their interactive, weeklong program, Cool Coding Awareness Week, into 20 cities, Eleven Fifty aims to foster students’ coding knowledge and to continue growing their coding interests.
Cool Coding Awareness Week will consist of programs for five different age groups:
- Grades K-1: Programming Languages ABC++ Book complete with classroom exercises
- Grades 2-6: One hour introduction to computer science designed to demystify code
- Grades 7-10: Developed curriculum for programming a fantasy game through Scratch
- Grades 11-12: What is a Coder? A computer science focused career session
- Ages 16+: Introduction to Coding course taught by an Eleven Fifty Academy Instructor
Eleven Fifty is striving to help educate the communities around Indiana to spark an interest in computer programming, particularly in the younger generation. There are never enough students coming out of college with computer programming or tech degrees to fill the increasing number of job openings in Indiana. With Cool Coding Awareness Week, they hope to help close the gap.
Is your community interested in being considered for 1 of the 20 spots? Click here to fill out an interest form and an Eleven Fifty staff member will contact you.