State Robotics INITIATIVE (SrI) Non Schools- Terms & Conditions
Interested applicants should review the following terms and conditions before applying. If the applicant has questions or concerns, please contact us at RobotGrant@techpointyouth.org. Please note, only one grant will be awarded per eligible 501 (c) 3 non-profit.
1. Applicant must currently be employed at a 501(c)3 non-profit that offers programming to 1st-8th grade students.
2. Organization does not already have a VEX IQ Robotics team for the grade level they are apply for (elementary or middle school).
The objective of this grant is to make robotics education accessible to Indiana students who otherwise would not have the opportunity to compete on a team.
3. Applicant will have the ability to assemble a robotics team of at least 3 students. (Recommended: Elementary VEX IQ Team - Students from grades 1st-5th/Middle School VEX IQ Team - Students from grades 6th-8th).
Typical team sizes range from 3-12 students. It can be beneficial for both Robotics Educator and students to start with smaller team numbers. A larger team (more than about 6-8 students) will likely require additional robot kits.
4. Applicant agrees to send Robotics Educator (Program Facilitator) to attend a robotics training session if awarded the grant.
We are dedicated to ensuring your confidence with starting a robotics team and understanding the robotics kit. Required robotics training will be held at an Ivy Tech campus near your organization.
6. Applicant will coordinate team attendance to one VEX IQ robotics competition event.
Awarded applicants will be expected to attend one competition. Robotics Educators and their teams will have so much fun that they will likely want to compete as much as they can. Competition registration is $30 per event, per team.
7. Applicant agrees to include TechPoint Foundation for Youth & major sponsor logos on any team t-shirts, websites, flyers, or other promotional material.
Most teams will make t-shirts, websites, promotional material and other SWAG - we just ask that you recognize TechPoint Foundation for Youth and other key sponsors. We will even give you stickers to put on your robot!
8. Applicant agrees to lead a VEX IQ team for at least two years (2018-19 and 2019-20 school year).
This grant is designed to provide educators the resources needed to begin a robotics program. Our hope is that this grant will get educators, students, and parents excited about robotics and STEM education, leading to the expansion of this type of programming at each participating organization.
9. Applicant agrees to complete pre- and post-surveys as the Robotics Educator as well as ensure completion of surveys from students and any volunteer mentors.
We want to measure the impact of this grant. We will provide an easy to use, online based survey for each involved party to complete. Completion of these surveys will also help us improve our process.
Schools who are not able to meet grant criteria are required to ship the granted equipment back to TechPoint Foundation for Youth.