From 72 Indiana Elementary teams in 2016 to 518 now; we're not even sure that we knew what kind of impact this grant opportunity was going to have on Elementary students and teachers a year ago! From our 1st year Post-Season Coach Survey, here are just a few of the statistics that we are excited to share:
- Over 90% of coaches plan on returning for a second year (The remaining 10% are not returning to their current school and plan on starting teams at their new school)
- Over 82% of teams have students that have committed to returning for a second year (a lot of students are 5th graders that are moving into a middle school that does not have a robotics team yet)
- 83% of 2016-17 awarded coaches had NO ROBOTICS experience (anyone can do it!)
- 88% of teams participated in at least one competition last year (40% of teams attended more than one event)
- 60% of coaches collaborated in some way with a coach from a different school
- Over 90% of teams did not charge students a fee to join
Teachers & Administrators are saying...
- "This program should be offered in EVERY elementary for EVERY student to participate. There are more benefits to this program than any other one that has been offered in my 16 yrs of teaching!"
- "Definitely boosted the confidence of our girls."
- "It has had a profound impact on student's drive, passion, and commitment to lifelong learning in too many ways to name"
- "I have one student already looking at colleges that have a robotics club. He's a 6th grader."
- "Changed student's outlook on the science/technology field forever. My students creativity and critical thinking skills have soared to new heights due to this experience.
- "This grant planted the seeds of passion in each child on this team."
- "Children who would not hang out together have become friends."
- "Has given the students who struggle with "typical" academic teams the opportunity to be successful in a different way."
- "It has changed their lives."