Current Job Opening
JOB TITLE: Volunteer & Event Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000 + benefits
Reports To: Vice President of STEM Education
Organization Description: As the leader in technology education efforts for the state of Indiana since 2001,
TechPoint Foundation for Youth is committed to inspiring our state's underserved K-12 students to explore
science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). We believe that our youth should be equipped to
address Indiana's growing demand for a skilled workforce.
MISSION: TechPoint Foundation for Youth ensures Indiana’s underserved, K-12 students have access to
experiential learning opportunities that increase STEM knowledge and inspire STEM career exploration.
VISION: Access to a STEM learning opportunity for every underserved student in Indiana.
SCOPE OF POSITION: This professional person represents TechPoint Foundation for Youth (Foundation) to the
broader community – general population, grantees, donors, mentors, partners, and volunteers. This position
will serve as the lead project manager for the Foundation’s various program-related events and volunteer
opportunities. Under the direction of the VP of STEM Education (VP-STEM), the individual will facilitate the
organization’s program-related events including but not limited to supporting the State Robotics
Championship and serving as the lead for the annual Hour of Code, Pi Day, & CoderDojo Hackathon. In
addition, this individual will serve as the staff lead for volunteerism, ensuring our corporate and community
partners have access to meaningful science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) volunteer
opportunities throughout the year. This individual will serve as the Foundation liaison between schools,
community organizations, and program partners who are in need of volunteers, and our corporate partners
looking for volunteer opportunities. These volunteer efforts will include program-related events, as well as
one time and ongoing volunteer opportunities. This is a position of importance due to the individual’s
representation of the Foundation, its values and our brand experience to a large, statewide stakeholder group.
JOB FUNCTIONS: The following functions have been determined by the Foundation to be essential to the
successful performance of this position including, but not limited to:
1. Work with VP of STEM Education (VP-STEM) to manage volunteer tracking and reporting systems.
Maintain timely and accurate volunteer and volunteer related partner data.
Tracks volunteer engagement to ensure volunteers feel inspired to further engage with the Foundation.
2. Recruits, retains and recognizes the necessary volunteers and partnerships needed to successfully support the Foundation's programs, events, and activities.
Works alongside VP-STEM to recruit volunteers from corporate partners and the wider STEM community.
Works with school and community organizations to identify STEM program volunteer needs.
Ensures volunteers are meeting program needs by coordinating appropriate training, background checks, and reporting.
Recognizes and supports volunteers throughout their time with Foundation to ensure a low turnover rate.
3. Manages program-related events as the project lead.
Leads program-related events to ensure volunteers, students, and partners have a positive experience.
Leads all logistical efforts of program-related events, delegating to team members effectively.
Maintains all event-related budgets.
Maintains all donor, volunteer and student information with high attention to detail and an understanding of confidentiality.
Works as a member of the Foundation’s larger team and allows for staff input and influence on program-related event outputs and outcomes.
Effectively and reasonably communicates with key stakeholders when appropriate.
Ensures the highest level of customer satisfaction for internal & external stakeholders attending events.
Completes post-event follow-up reports, evaluation and communication.
4. Supports the work of the Director of Operations and Communication who is charged to develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for the Foundation.
Reviews the annual communications committee plans and participates as needed to ensure event, volunteer, and program-related communications are incorporated in overall Foundation messaging plans.
Develops content regularly to be used in a variety of communications vehicles including web-based, print, and social media as it relates to volunteers and program-related events.
5. Serves as one of the TPF4Y representatives to the statewide STEM community
Develops relationships with government, corporate, and philanthropic organizations deemed critical to the Foundation's successful recruitment of volunteers.
Ensures the Foundation’s presence at key events, conferences, workshops, and volunteer recruitment fairs.
6. All other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS: The following are the qualifications and minimum requirements necessary for a person to perform this job:
1. Ability to perform the essential functions of this position.
2. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
3. Some prior experience in the nonprofit or public sector with project and volunteer management experience preferred.
4. Passion for STEM education and the mission of the Foundation.
5. Understanding and adherence to high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to write clearly with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
8. Experience with public speaking.
9. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with others in a professional and appropriate manner.
10. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and work independently with little to no supervision.
11. Excellent organizational and workload prioritization skills.
12. Working knowledge of general office equipment, including computer-based word processing and spreadsheet packages, proficiency with MS Office products and Google Drive products preferred.
13. Ability to organize, facilitate and manage projects in an efficient and effective manner.
14. Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
15. Ability to travel statewide and attend off-premise events.
16. Possession of a valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Typical office environment. Participates in off-site meetings and statewide travel.
Application Submissions: Please email a cover letter and resume to George@techpointyouth.org. The Hiring Committee will begin reviewing applications on March 25, 2019. No Calls or Emails inquiries.