Growing Indiana's Future
As the leader in technology education efforts for the state of Indiana since 2001, TechPoint Foundation for Youth is committed to inspiring our state's underserved K-12 students to explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). We believe that our youth should be equipped to address Indiana's growing demand for a skilled workforce.
TechPoint Foundation for Youth ensures Indiana’s underserved, K-12 students
have access to experiential learning opportunities
that increase STEM knowledge and inspire STEM career exploration.
Access to a STEM learning opportunity for every underserved student in Indiana.
To achieve our vision and mission, we serve as a connector for our many partners and allies,
an accelerator of STEM learning opportunities, and a steward of high-impact STEM programs.
What stem means to us
For TechPoint Foundation for Youth, experiential STEM opportunities are those programs that provide students with hands-on learning focused on:
- Primarily: the core disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, and
- Secondarily: the important skills crucial to success in the 21st-century workplace such as communication, problem-solving, project management, and collaboration.
our priority population
Our priority population is composed of Indiana students from families identified as low income and/or of low educational attainment, especially students who identify as female or non-white. This population is under-represented in STEM training and courses and, as adults, in STEM-related careers.
When resources are available, we will secondarily reach populations that have no or few high-quality STEM opportunities.
We are a unique resource strategically positioned to bring the right partners together, around the right programs, to benefit Indiana students.
In 2018, we completed our second, 3-year strategic plan outlining the following goals to increase investments in our future generation of technology leaders:
- Leading the Indiana STEM ecosystem, TPF4Y creates and maintains vital connections among STEM stakeholders, providing expertise and influence to identify gaps, trends, and innovations in STEM learning for K-12 students.
- Serving as the ecosystem connector, TPF4Y places and promotes evidence-based STEM programs along our STEM Success Pathway and facilitates stakeholder collaborations to ensure the successful movement of students through the Pathway.
- Using our accelerator model, TPF4Y defines our role in the investment, guidance, and scaling of STEM programs with the potential to increase our priority student population’s STEM knowledge and their 21st century employability skills.
- Continuing our program stewardship of a select portfolio of STEM initiatives, TPF4Y elevates and sustains high-quality programs within the state, with the goal of maximizing the number of students moving through the STEM Success Pathway.
You can view a copy of our Strategic Plan covering 2019-2021 by clicking this link.